Greg Johnson presents "LInkedIn for Advanced Career Strategies"
Note: We will meet in Student Union, room 203. Click here for directions and parking information.
Let OCSTC and Greg Johnson take your career to new heights! Register now for our January LinkedIn workshop: Saturday, January 25, 2014, from 9am to noon at Concordia University in Irvine. Greg is the Owner at Above the Rim, Executive Coaching.
Our first workshop of the year will not only get you started—but take you to the next level—or two levels beyond that—with LinkedIn. You do not need to register for a Premium LinkedIn account—we will be using the free version. Greg plans to JUMPSTART your LinkedIn experience with “pre-work” that you can do on your own pace prior to the workshop. Attendees who register before January 17 will receive the “Pre-Workshop Workshop” packet to get you comfortably started with:
- Signing up with LinkedIn and setting three critical profile settings
- Writing Your LinkedIn Summary for maximum SEO benefits
- Branding Yourself on LinkedIn
- Pre-Workshop Checklist and workshop slides for note-taking
So if we are going to do all this before the workshop—what’s left to do during the workshop?
- Learn what LinkedIn is and isn’t (job security, online resume, and more)
- Create and leverage your opportunities
- Articulate your personal brand and be found
- Leverage your network
- Cultivate your SME reputation
- Work your LinkedIn profile
Plan on arriving with an open mind—and you will have the opportunity to see yourself in a new and more successful light—or see yourself as others see you. Prepare yourself for a very interactive workshop. You will need to bring:
- Your own Mac or PC laptop with WiFi capabilities. If you do not have access to a laptop, you should still come, and you will get significant benefit from the information. If you can bring a iPad or mobile device, that is fine, but understand that the mobile applications are limited for what we are going to do in the workshop.
- LinkedIn password (you must be logged in to LinkedIn prior to class start—we cannot wait for those people who cannot remember their LinkedIn passwords!)
- Either Chrome or Firefox installed prior to the workshop and open from the beginning of class.
- Word document loaded on your hard-drive or flash drive containing: Header Title; Summary—Career descriptive—Work History; and a list of skills that apply to your work.
- 2–3 digital photos of yourself on your hard drive or flash drive (or uploaded to LinkedIn)
So, get ready to make your move in 2014 and take your career to new heights! Register NOW! Seating is limited.